Re: Steering nut?

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering nut?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:57:47 -0600
> I took off my Moyo Lita wheel from my 1960 TR3A today to trace a
> shorting problem.  One thing that troubles me a little is that the nut
> that holds the steering hub to the steering shaft does not have a lock
> washer under it.  Is there supposed to be a lock washer under this nut?

I have never seen a lock washer on any steering wheel.  Maybe I have lead a
sheltered life.

If you are worried that your wheel is going to come off in your hands,
replace the nut with a NyLoc nut.  Or use some threadlocker goo like
LocTite.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett