Re: parts tumbler

To: Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: parts tumbler
From: Tim Cheatham <tcheat2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:51:54 -0800 (PST)
Berry's Mfg. makes some nice ones, and they have a
blue bowl.  Not sure which one you saw, but I have one
for cleaning small parts.  Corn media is used for
polishing to a high shine, walnut is used for rusty
stuff.

https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/berrysmfg/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=35&cat=Tumbler+%26+Accessories

Tim

--- Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net> wrote:
> I was watching DIY on tv a few nights ago and they
> were restoring a
> older corvette and were using a small parts tumbler
> to clean metal
> parts. The model looked like a small upright bowl
> with maybe glass
> bee-bees as the tumbling agent. The guy put a old
> rusty chain and in a
> few hours came out shining. The unit was blue and
> the action seemed to
> be vibration, not rotation as in rock tumblers I
> have seen. I think the
> guy said it could do about 10 lbs. at a time. I have
> been to harbor
> freight but could not locate what I viewed that
> night. Does anyone on
> the list know where I could get such a unit and how
> much it would cost?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Labuz
>
> 1958 TR3A