Re: parts tumbler

To: Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: parts tumbler
From: Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:58:40 -0500
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Randall Young wrote:
>>Does anyone on
>>the list know where I could get such a unit and how much it would cost?
>

> A quick Google for "vibrating tumbler" turned up lots of links, including
> http://www.shop-tools.org/automotive/automotive-tools-1207.html
> for $85.
>
> Hmmm, maybe you should call up Harbor Freight and suggest it to them ...
>
> Randall

Thanks,

To Randall, Larry, Jim, Fred and anyone I missed thanks. I was searching
for parts tumbler and was only getting industrial sized tumblers!

I guess I will have to try one out and see for myself. It is winter up
here in central NY so I am starting out on my annual "clean up some
spare parts during winter to pass the time".

One of these days I will have to list some of them on E-Bay. I am
running out of storage space!

My first project this year will be a water pump and housing. Also the
thermostat housing. I plan to put the thermostat housing in the tumbler.
I will mask the surfaces where the gasket goes to insure a flat surface.

I will report how the tumber works.

By the way, what is the best way to remove the pump pulley from the
pump? There is no place to put a puller and tapping the pulley with a
plastic hammer does nothing. I have sprayed on some pb blaster but that
pully is tight. I believe the pump shaft is tappered with a key.

One last question, the pump body seems to be aluminum with no grease
fitting. My current pump is cast iron. Is this pump maybe a later TR3 or
maybe a 4 or 4A? the housing is no different than a TR3.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V
1998 T-Bird T3