Re: accelator pedal

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: accelator pedal
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:29:15 -0700
ebk@buffnet.net wrote:

> Hi List!
>    I was under the impression that the reason for No Rubber on the
> accelerator pedal was for the ease & use of double clutching. I'm
> still not clear on how to do this correctly & therefore haven't tried
> it...

Only necessary I would think on gearboxes & gears w/o synchros.  In
theory you could do this on a TR3 downshifting from 2nd to 1st but why
bother -- you'd be going about 5 mph at the time.  In fact -- with
strong syncros and deft hand, foot & ear coordination you can shift a
manual without using the clutch.  I wouldn't try this on my TR but have
had too in the VW out of necessity and on the BMW just cause I could.

Geo H