Re: Cranking by hand 1 on 1(was Adjusting Valves)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cranking by hand 1 on 1(was Adjusting Valves)
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:53:37 -0000
Hi Dave
Thanks for the heads up on hand cranking a motor. Seems like common sense
should have told me all that but I guess not. I anticipate this will come in
useful for starting my 2 cylinder Lister diesel 16kva 3ph generator if I
ever figure out re-wiring the control circuits after the guy who
decommissioned it just removed all the wires without tagging them! :-(
The wires are coloured but the panel and wiring diagram are not, I guess I
will have to remove all the covers and rewire by module not colour! Rest
assured I will use the technique you have detailed when I try to
re-commission her.
Just another part of my collecting old relics, but with only a 1500 hours in
30 yrs and a drum of diesel how could I refuse 75 quid!
No they didn't give me that for taking it away I paid for the privilege, but
then the diesel is worth nearly that at our (UK) prices!

Graham