Re: TR3 Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Alternatives

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Alternatives
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:11:50 EST
In a message dated 11/21/2003 7:04:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> Used original wheels aren't too hard to find, ISTR there was one on eBay
> just the other day.  Having tried it, I'd use the leather cover even if my
> wheel weren't cracked !

Agreed! My Mayflower has a wheel similar to that of the TR2/3/3A. When I got
it, there was no plastic left on the rim, but someone had carefully wrapped
the rim with a couple layers of thin cotton rope/cord. Not the most
comfortable
grip in and of itself, but with a nice cover it was just fine and hard to
distinguish at quick glance from any other wheel. ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.