RE: TR3 Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Alternatives

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Alternatives
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:57:38 -0800
> 5)  I did buy a control head from somebody.  Great shape, very very good
> price. Now I understand there's a difference between adjustable
> control heads
> and non-adjustable.  My parts books don't show the distinction.
> What should I look for?

The only distinction is the section of tube that engages the stator tube :
on the non-adjustable head it is only 3" or 4" long and the slot is under
2".  On the adjustable head the tube is much longer, maybe 12-15" and the
slot runs for most of it's length.  As the steering wheel adjusts, the
stator tube slides up and down inside the tube from the control head.

Used original wheels aren't too hard to find, ISTR there was one on eBay
just the other day.  Having tried it, I'd use the leather cover even if my
wheel weren't cracked !

Randall