TR3 Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Alternatives

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Alternatives
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:23:24 -0500
Hi, Everyone.  Le maxim du jour is "I've lost my grip!"

The adjustable steering wheel that came with my project car is not only
cracked beyond repair (coming loose from the internal rod), but it also came
missing the control head.  Guess it couldn't take the toxicity of racoon feces
that blanketed the car when I found it.

Come to think of it, I couldn't either....

So, I'm going to need a wheel on my adjustable column.

1)  What is the experience of folks with afternarket wooden wheels?
2)  Since the turn signal is not on the hub with these, do you find a place to
put a universal signal lever?
3)  You have to buy a center hub for these, but is there a universal one
that's reasonable, despite the brand of aftermarket wheel; and
4)  Where's the places to shop?

To be honest, I'd be happy with something stock, even with cracks that might
be hid by a good leather wrap.

5)  I did buy a control head from somebody.  Great shape, very very good
price. Now I understand there's a difference between adjustable control heads
and non-adjustable.  My parts books don't show the distinction. What should I
look for?

Thanks again, everyone!

Terry Smith
New Hampshire