RE: TR3 child seat

To: "'John A. Wise'" <Wise@erau.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3 child seat
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:56:08 +0200
AFAIK the occasional rear seat was an optional extra item (like a heater,
overdrive, hard top, ash tray etc.) Not standard issue. You had to specify
that you wanted one when ordering your TR. My '56 TR3 (TS 10795) has one. A
bottom seat part with a backrest part. AFAIK TR3A's only had the bottom seat
part. Mainly used for carrying headless and legless children ... or so it
seems. A wee bit cramped on long journeys for most people, but since it's a
TR, most children don't seem to care, as long as they can ride along.

Drove a friend to and from her wedding whilst she was sitting on the
occasional rear seat, though I had to remove the passenger(l/h) seat from
the car in order to make things easier for her with the wedding dress. Soft
top down of course. Great fun.

Also drove two friends back home from a pub. Huge guys. Completely drunk
.... them, not me, I was only VERY friendly :-) One on occasional rear seat,
one on passenger seat. Soft top down, naturally. Even more fun.

Chris de Wet.
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa.

'56 TR 3, '64 Spitfire 4 (Mk1), '67 GT6 (Mk1).
My Spitfire6 project: GT6(Mk1)
bonnet/doors/chassis/brakes/suspension/engine, Spitfire(Mk2) body, 2000
Saloon gearbox with overdrive and Vitesse 3.89 differential.

" Triumphs are meant to be driven .... keep them on the road "