silicon brake fluid-my story

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: silicon brake fluid-my story
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:34:04 -0500 tests=HTML_30_40,HTML_MESSAGE,USER_IN_WHITELIST version=2.55
Hi List,

I lost track of who started this thread, but I must ask...Why bother?
I tried silicon fluid in a totally new/rebuilt TR6 brake system, including
pipes, and all I can say in favor is that it won't eat paint.  But, the pedal
was spongey, no matter how many times I bled it, a seal in my brake master
cylinder went bad, and the stuff is awful expensive.  I bled it all out.  Note
that Apple Hydraulics recommends AGAINST using it in their rebuilt units.
Now, every spring I flush some cheap fluid through the system and then fill it
with Castrol LMA.  No problemo.

Nomex on.         Rick        1973  TR6  CF2570U