Re: [Wedge] eBay item 2442979765 (Ends Nov-18-03 08:20:11 PST) - Trium

To: "Charles Frink" <cffrink@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [Wedge] eBay item 2442979765 (Ends Nov-18-03 08:20:11 PST) - Triumph : All Models
From: "Odd Hedberg" <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:56:18 +0100
Cc: "1-Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "1-TR8-list" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Charles,
I have never seen a 2000 Mk1 with a slushdrive over here in Sweden.
Everybody drives manuals over here - But!  We do have a handful of
2.5PI Mk1 in Sweden - with automatics... And I know that they do
have the gear selector in the same place as the normal manual gear
stick is; on the floor...
So as I said: save it for the automatic parts alone! There's always
someone in need of an automatic version of a TR5/6, or such...

The gearbox used in the saloons were an ordinary Borg Warner BW35
- so rebuilding the slushbox itself should be easy. Imho at least...
Best regards
/Odd