Re: eBay item 2442979765 (Ends Nov-18-03 08:20:11 PST) - Triumph : All M

To: "Odd Hedberg" <odd@triumphclub.se>
Subject: Re: eBay item 2442979765 (Ends Nov-18-03 08:20:11 PST) - Triumph : All Models
From: koblinger@linkline.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:11:48 GMT
Cc: "Charles Frink" <cffrink@adelphia.net>, "1-Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "1-TR8-list" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
A good friend of mine installed a BW35 automatic from a 2000 Mk I saloon in
a TR6 for his father who had suffered a stroke. There were many little
niggling details in getting it to work but the end product looked like it
came from the factory. It often fooled semi-knowledgable Triumph people into
thinking it was a factory built car. I did an article about it for Triumph
World some years back.

2000 Mk I saloons were sold in the US but weren't very popular. I was
offered one several years ago that was in very good original condition, save
for a leaking water pump, for $600. I didn't have the room but it did go to
a good home.

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Triumph Register of Southern California