TR3A Chrome

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Chrome
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:49:08 -0500
Hello, everyone.

I confess.

My last project car was a 1970 Datsun SRL311 which I love and drive daily
(well, when it's no snowing, and now that I finished putting the rebuilt head
back on yesterday).

But I didn't do the car justice.  I didn't replace the back bumper, I didn't
rechrome the grill, and I didn't redo the upholstery, other than to buy some
foam and make the driver's seat bearable to sit in for long periods.  Had
kids, build a house, ...other priorities you all understand.

So now, as I do the frame off of this 1959 TR3A that, if anything, I love even
more than the SRL311, I have begun to turn my attention to the matter of
chrome.

I understand the Bumper Boyz do a good job with chrome.  Does anybody have
alternative recommendations to send chrome pieces to?

And, can anyone offer a sense of the cost for rechroming:

*  brake handle
*  gear shift shaft
*  windshield stanchions
*  4 wire wheel knockoffs
*  overriders
*  door handles
*  gas cap

I am quite fortunate to have NOS headlight rings and front bumper, as well as
the stock that came with it, but no front or back overriders.

I've never done rechroming.  As always, I look forward to the advice of you
all.

Terry Smith
New Hampshire
TR3A  TS 58667 (In pieces, but they're CLEAN pieces.)