RE: Water pump bearings

To: "'joe mato'" <joemato@attglobal.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water pump bearings
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 00:00:36 -0500
Joe I spent several days contacting most all the major bearing
manufactures trying to find a suitable sub; we could either find the OD
or the ID but not both. At work one of our mechanical engineers who has
access to a government data base even tried to help me find one.  There
are a few that are very close. The only solution I have found is to have
a sleeve made or to have a shaft machined to fit a different bearing. I
made a few for Fred Thomas. However, if you have access to an ultra
sonic cleaner place you original bearings in it for a while. I was able
clean several for Fred, after repacking them with clean grease they felt
very smooth. I don't recall which manufacture it was but one had a very
good tech section that explained how to determine whether an existing
bearing is useful. If I find the link I will send it to you.

Ronnie