Re: Should the seam show?

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, m.d.mackay@sympatico.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Should the seam show?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:17:20 -0500
In a message dated 11/4/2003 2:54:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, TR250Driver
writes:

> I will confirm Andy's observation.  My TR3B seams show and I think it is
> original.
> However, I have seen a number of TR3's with no seam showing.  It's almost as
> if the seamed cars are in the minority.  I was always curious which is
> correct.

Possibly both. ;-)

Could be that more time was spent "hand-leading" some of the earlier cars to
fill the seam. But this was such a common rust spot on the sidescreen cars that
I wouldn't go by appearance alone on any TR2/3 that has been repainted.

--Andy Mace