Brake Drum Size

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Brake Drum Size
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:18:33 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net hA3JMME9002486
Message text written by Bill & Skip Pugh
>I am  still confused on 9 inch vs 10 inch  brake  drums.  Where was
the cutoff?  Casper is in the 16000 range, but appears to have 10
inch  drums.   Right? Wrong? Do  the  Datsun Al-Fins  fit? Kastner's
book shows  Al-Fins going  on  a TR3A...'tis confusing  to  old
tired brains...
<

Bill, TS18010L(O) also has 10 inch drums.  I don't knwo where the cut-off
is but I suspect it is after both of our cars.  I seriously doubt the
Datsun Alfin drums will fit without changing the brakes over to 9 inch. I
have an Alfin (don't ask why I have only one) and if I were retired I'd go
out and check it against a TR6 drum.  I haven't done this but it is my
understanding that the Datsun drums were compatible (with a little
macining) with the 9 inch brakes used on later TR3's thru TR6.

Dave Massey