RE: grease ports? and lubrication for D-type OD?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: grease ports? and lubrication for D-type OD?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:38:11 -0800
> I have a D-type OD in a 72 GT6. Anyone know if those little
> grease-port-looking things are grease ports on a D-type OD? (you can
> see the top of a little ball through a hole, like a grease port)

No, they aren't.  Those are locations where the body was drilled, and then
plugged.  The OD has an internal pressure lubrication system, there is no
grease involved.

> Also, is there a separate plug to drain the OD portion of the tranny,
> or is draining the main transmission sufficient? When refilling, I
> think I just refill through the transmission fill hole?

ISTR there is a place to drain a D-type, but I could be wrong about that.
It's filled through the tranny.

Randall - with an A-type for many years, J-type being rebuilt to go in, and
a D-type that's next ...