Re: TR3 Colors

To: oliver@connect.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Colors
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:06:08 -0800 FILETIME=[F4C56190:01C3A1D8]
Oliver - You might try taking the paint codes to your local auto paint
store.  Some of them have computer listings which will match the old codes
to new paint codes.  Mine did not have the new code for "signal red", but
did obtain it with a couple of phone calls to the paint company.

David Gunn
TR2 in Chico, CA

>From: "oliver" <oliver@connect.net>
>To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: TR3 Colors
>Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:20:14 -0600
>
>Good Evening, All.
>
>The very good news is that our TR3 restoration is in its "final" stages
>(knowing that this, too, can be long and drawn out).
>
>We have decided to paint the car a powder blue, which was introduced in
>1958.
>
>According to Piggott's Original Triumph TR, the Dockers paint code is
>CGB77,
>or  CHC38, or ICI HILUX M-048-8013, Pinchin-Johnson PJ 426HS or PJ 426LB,
>or
>Berger (Ault and Wiborg), 20539.
>
>Does anyone have a modern correlation to any of these paint codes or know
>of
>where I might find one?
>
>thanks.

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!