Re: Stuck parking brakes

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck parking brakes
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:41:20 -0700
John Mitchell wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about the parking
> brake.  I guess Monday AM I'll go and pull a wheel and see whats up.
> Just hope its something I can fix easy, I just hate working on the car
> away from home,  No matter how many tools you bring, you never have
> what you need.
> Thanks again for your insights.     John Mitchell  76 TR6     Shelton  CT

May be the handbrake, OTOH -- when I tried to take my TR3 out of the
storage unit after a 10 month hiatus one of the (rear) brake cylinders
was stuck and dragging the brake.  Was able to relieve it by briefly
opening the bleed screw.  A thorough bleeding did not take care of it
(wishful thinking on my part) but was able to drive home by using a
hose-plier-clamp-thing on the flex line to shut off pressure to the rear
brakes.

First thing I'd do is jack the rear and see if the drag is on one or
both wheels.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ