rough hot idle?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: rough hot idle?
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:33:24 -0500 tests=HTML_20_30,HTML_MESSAGE,USER_IN_WHITELIST version=2.55
Hi Folks,
    We're enjoying Triumphant fall weather here in the Northeast.  The car is
full of leaves!
    My TR6 has been idleing almost perfect and running strong since I got the
ZS carbs to run rich enough, and also went back to the points ignition.
    Lately, though, the car has a rough idle problem when warm.  If I drive
downtown, pop into a store, and 5 minutes later come back out and start the
car and drive away, it runs rough.  I can keep it running by revving it.  Once
I get some open road, it smooths out fine.  Today, I was stuck at a red light
and the car wanted to die.
    My distributor was supposedly rebuilt 10,000 miles ago, but when I push
against the rotor shaft I betcha there's .020" side-to-side movement there.
Cap, rotor, coil, wires, plugs, points and condensor are nearly new.  Timing
is at 4 deg BTDC.  Vac retard is disconected and plugged.
    Sure would appreciate any ideas on fixing this one.  Thanks!

-Rick
1973 Triumph TR6 CF2570U