Re: 13/60 Vitesse Clone

To: "jim williams" <sportsix63@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 13/60 Vitesse Clone
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 00:17:08 -0000 hA20JNE9016244
From: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>

> I'm starting the transplanting of a GT-6 motor into
> a 13/60 frame. I was wondering if someone could shed
> some light on a radiator to use.

Hi Jim,
    The GT6 radiator should go in without problems, it has basically the same
dimensions as the Vitesse radiator.

> Also, the engine
> side valences will need replaced. Are GT-6 ones the
> same?

No, though they may fit - I've not tried. The Vitesse side valances are longer
than the Herald ones because of the radiator sitting further forward. Spitfires
and GT6s had hardboard side valances, the Herald and Vitesse items were always
pressed steel.

> Does anyone make new valences for this if GT-6
> ones won't work?

I assume you're in the US, but I'm confused by you're having a 13/60 frame -
how did that find it's way to America? There are no new Vitesse side valances
being made, butsecondhand ones aren't difficult to come by in the UK. I have at
least one pair on the shelf at the moment.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics