RE: Toyota caliper upgrade

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Toyota caliper upgrade
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:04:58 -0700
Lou,

Towards the end of the article at
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/brake-conversion.html there are some before and
after figures.  Here's the text:

All tests were performed with a newly rebuilt master cylinder, using DOT 5
brake fluid. The variations tested and the results of the testing were:

1. Early (prior to metric calipers, Girling 16PB) stock configuration with
semi metallic pads, composite shoes and 0.70" rear wheel cylinders: 262 feet
with a standard deviation of 19; 6 data points, tossed out both the minimum
and maximum measurements.

2. Toyota front calipers with semi metallic pads, composite shoes: 243 feet
with a standard deviation of 9; 8 data points, tossed out minimum and
maximum.

3. Toyota front calipers with semi metallic pads, composite shoes with a 7/8
inch rear wheel cylinder: 215 feet with a standard deviation of 9; 9 data
points, tossed out minimum and maximum.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA