RE: I meant to check...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I meant to check...
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:39:47 -0700
> This morning  I checked the damage, wire from center  panel  lights
> to Tach,  Speedo, fried, actually burned in two...check the
> fuses...Yup, Randall was right again, 30 AMP...I think they had been
> there  as  long as we had the car, can't recall actually blowing  one
> (like  I  could),  replaced  them with 20  AMP...or  should I go down
> to 15 AMP ??

With stock TR3 wiring, it actually wouldn't have mattered in your case Bill
... the light wiring is not fused anyway.  There was a fuse added later by
the factory, reputedly for US models only, but it didn't come in until
sometime in TR3A production.  A worthwhile retrofit, IMO.  Don't recall
offhand what size fuse was used, but it was much smaller, like perhaps 10
amps Lucas method which would be about 5 amps US method.

Randall