Re: Toyota caliper upgrade

To: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>, "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Toyota caliper upgrade
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:46:15 -0400
At 1:29 PM -0400 9/26/03, Gerald Van Vlack wrote:
>Phil, Are you certain that the late TR6 pipe is metric? I doubt that it is.

I am sure that it is. The TRF catalog calls out a different pipe for early
and late TR6s, the early being threaded for SAE, the later being metric.
This corresponds with the change from 16P and 16PB to M16P calipers. The
mounting bolt is a separate issue.

After thinking about this, the whole discussion may be moot if the fluid
inlet on the Toyota caliper is in a significantly different location. This
would require a new pipe to be fabricated anyway. In time, I'm sure I'll
learn this and let you know how it worked out.

Phil Barnes
Cortland, NY
peb3@cornell.edu