Re: Ramps vs Stands

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ramps vs Stands
From: "Peter Logan" <logan@pt.lu>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:28:38 +0200
As a newbie to the list I'm not sure this is the right way to post, so
apologies if this winds up in the wrong place.

Just a word of caution about ramps - a couple of years ago, a motor magazine
editor in UK lost his life when his car ran down off the ramps and onto him.
I don't know whether he had forgotten to secure the car up there, or whether
he disconnected the parking brake without thinking.

I've also seen ads in USA magazines for a quite reasonably priced low-level
lifter operated
by hand hydraulics - like an oversized motorbike lifter.

Personally I would never use ramps, I'ld rather do the extra work.  But then
I have a lift.

Pete Logan
Luxembourg
Scouting for a LHD TR6 or Stag