RE: removal of radiator -- TR3

Subject: RE: removal of radiator -- TR3
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:28:27 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim Wallace wrote :
> Of course once the cover is off you can
> check out the condition of the timing chain and tensioner, and
> the gears. If
> you are remove the cam gear, it might be a good time to slide out the cam
> itself to check the lobes. You would have to pull the head off to
> lift the
> tappets but  hat's not too hard, especially with the apron out of
> the way.
> Plus, then you will get to see the condition of your valves and
> deal with them
> if they need anything - exhaust seats, for example.
> I would set aside at least two hours.....

Then of course with the camshaft out, you should really replace the plug
behind it, they frequently leak.  That means pulling the engine, which is
much easier with the apron off.  With the engine out, now is a very good
time to paint the engine compartment and fix all that damage from glycol
brake fluif.  The rest of the drive train comes out easy with the engine out
... and pretty soon you're lifting the body off ... but you'll need a little
longer for all this, I'd at least allow the whole weekend.

Randall