Re: 3 WINDOW HARDTOP SEALS

To: <lav.rhonda@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3 WINDOW HARDTOP SEALS
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:17:13 +0100 h8I8Zm3B029034
From: <lav.rhonda@verizon.net>

> I have a "Snugtop" 3 WINDOW HARDTOP for my TR4 that needs a rear deck seal. I
> called Snugtop - and they do not have any seals or rubber to sell. They
> referred me to another company (forgot the name) that makes the seals but they
> want a minimum order of 1000 ft. Can anyone help out there? Thank you.

Hi Anthony,
    In recent years I've been quite involved in weatherstrip manufacture. If
you have a sliver of the original seal which you are able to scan (with a ruler
alongside to ensure scale) or send to me, I will see what's available. I have
recently had new seals manufactured for the early Spitfire hardtop, while I've
found that the seals for some aftermarket fibreglass hardtops are readily
available through my own suppliers, it's just a matter of identifying them.
    If needs be, I can get a production run of a custom seal done with an order
for 100 metres (325 ft), but shipping such a quantity overseas would not be
very economical - probably cheaper to get the 1000 ft done locally!
        Cheers,
            Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics