putting a windscreen back ON a TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: putting a windscreen back ON a TR6
From: James A TenCate <tencate@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 23:27:13 -0600
I've asked this question on the 6Pack list and also checked through
any archives I can find and can't seem to find an answer.  When I
removed the windscreen on my TR6 (dash top replacement), there was
some caulk-like goo holding the rubber seal (which goes between the
frame and the body) to the windscreen frame.  It also appears there
was some sort of sealant used between the rubber seal and the body.
I'm pretty sure this windscreen has never been off so I'm guessing
that stuff had been there for 30 years :-)

Can anyone tell me the best way to put this all back together?  Which
sealants go where or are, in fact, NO sealants required?  Right now
the whole windscreen assembly (with glass) is sitting next to the
rubber seal in my back room and it's sort of rainy/"monsoon" season
here and the car is currently outside under its car cover :-)  Next
month we get our usual first snowstorm of the season so, UNLIKE all
the king's horses and all the king's men, I'm eager to get the car
back together again!

Thanks,
Jim TenCate,  74 TR6
Santa Fe, NM