Re: putting a windscreen back ON a TR6

To: "James A TenCate" <tencate@mac.com>
Subject: Re: putting a windscreen back ON a TR6
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:03:57 -0400 FILETIME=[FDE7D2E0:01C376C1]
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim,
    The 3 M strip caulk comes in about 1 foot strips with dozens to a box.
It has a rubbery feel and is a solid. The 3M part number is 051135-08578.
You take several of these strips and lay them along the center of where the
windshield assembly will bed and just squish the end of each piece to the
next.  When you put in the windshield the caulk strips conform to the
contour of the windshield to dash gap.  If you have a problem area you can
squish two strips together to conform to a larger gap. This summer we took
our Triumph on vacation for a week of soaking rain and had no leaks.
    I got my lifetime supply at the local auto parts store, Bob's Speed and
Auto Parts. I'm sure it is readily available, if not in an auto parts store,
then certainly in a auto body supply.
    Let me know how you make out, the offer of the still stands if you can't
find it.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6