Re: Proper overdrive engagement

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, <pbrandsema@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Proper overdrive engagement
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:50:11 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jonmac wrote ::
 I spent the day with Fred Thomas in January in my 2000 and I
> recall him saying he'd never seen anyone using O/D like I do. Wonder what
he
> meant???? Maybe it was our sinuous little UK roads?

I learned from riding with you those 2 days and watching you shift and how
you used the O/D  through the hills and valleys exactly what the O/D is
meant to do for our cars, until then on rather straight roads or just plain
cruising I had never used O/D in third gear, now I do most of the time, I
also learned how to get the best performance from the engine, tranny and O/D
combined together and all thanks to one person, "Mr Jonmac". "FT"