Re: Overdrive Yeah or Neah

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive Yeah or Neah
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:18:47 +0200
Michael Godley wrote :

>  I am strongly considering converting to overdrive, and I need to make
>  the decision ASAP.  My TR4A Gearbox is at Quantum and for $1000 or so
>  it can come back with an A-Type overdrive and all the bits required
>  (switch, solenoid, harness, etc.) to complete the installation.

>  Do you use it much in other gears?  I can imagine,
> for example, roads where one might leave it in Third gear and engage
> overdrive rather than shifting to Fourth and back,

Mike ,
I would say that I very rarely use OD in second gear .It can be useful in third
gear on hilly roads for example or in certain trafic conditions but it is
essentially used in top gear .
Is it worth $1000 ?........now that's a question .

Cheers

Mike ( who's never driven a TR without overdrive )