Re: Front Suspension rebuilt

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Front Suspension rebuilt
From: Bill <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:56:02 -0700
Cc: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tap the grease caps with a small hammer or use a small block of wood to
protect against dings.  Tap sideways. The grease cap will generally come
loose.  If not, drill a small hole and force in a sheet metal screw
(long).  For the split pins, they are soft metal.  You can cut them with
a pair of dykes, or simply unscrew the slotted  nut.  You will not hurt
the threads at all.  Grade 5 should be fine. They are an SAE fine
thread.  Grade 8 is better (gold color, available at most chain hardware
stores, 5 marks).
Have a good time
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics