Re: Front Suspension rebuilt

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Suspension rebuilt
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:32:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/03 3:18:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmallin@attglobal.net writes:

> These's no lip on my TR250 grease caps. I think I remember someone,
> maybe Bob Lang, say that you drill and tap the center of the graese cap,
> screw a bolt down against the end of the stub shaft and the grease cap
> comes off? Details? What size bolt and threads? Is there enough
> thickness to the grease cap metal to hold the threads, or do I need to
> weld a nut on it?

You don't need to go to that much trouble.
I have one of those little slide hammers (get em at Pep boys for
under 5 bucks) with a sheet metal screw in the end of it - drill tiny
hole in center of grease cap, screw the slide hammer tip screw in just
far enough to grip the cap, slide back briskly with little slide hammer
and its off

Cheers
Jack Mc