Re: frame/scaffolding for a newcomer

To: dorpaul@negia.net
Subject: Re: frame/scaffolding for a newcomer
From: "rstirb2@townisp.com" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:50:36 -0400 FILETIME=[EF1702C0:01C35D2D] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h77Loi24000510
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Paul,
   My guess is it's not really strong enough.  A bookshelf is designed for
a static load while standing up.  You propose using it for a dynamic load
while laying down.
   Why not make a rectangle of 2X4s, and screw a sheet of plywood to it.
Mount those castor wheels (that you have to buy anyway) to each corner and
put the chassis on that?  Pretty cheap, plenty strong.  When in doubt,
overbuild.
   Use the shelves to store spare parts ;-)

         HTH
   Rick   1973  TR6  stuck in Mass.

>An odd looking 1"angle-iron bookshelf was given to the Habitat for
Humanity
Thrift Store where I work. I wanted to know if I could use it for
frame/scafolding for my upcoming TR3 rebuild. When laid on it's side (for
my
purposes) it would measure 12 ft.long, 3 ft. wide and 1 1/2 ft. off the
ground.