RE: TR4A Plinth Knob Removal

To: "USER" <pairets@luna.moonstar.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A Plinth Knob Removal
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:57:31 -0700
> Anyone got any suggestions for getting the original knobs off my TR4A. The
> first three from the drivers side are the problem ones. Appears
> to have some
> type of pin in them but can't figure it out. Please reply off list to
> pairets@moonstar.com As always THANKS in advance for any and all
> suggestions.

The pin is spring-loaded, you have to push it back into the knob by about
1/8", and then hold it there while you pull the knob off.

The knobs do sometimes stick to the shaft pretty tight, I've been known to
use a pair of pry bars to pull out on the knob.  The switches are pretty
stout as long as you pull straight out, but if you think you're going to
break the switch, it might be better to use a Dremel cut-off wheel to cut
the knob apart.

Randall