Re: Scam

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scam
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:30:04 +0100
On Thu, 29 May 2003, at around 00:35:05 local time, Allan Markby
<allan_markby@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I have a personal rule - consider the email address the fellow used
>
>                   dave morris <jim_mark234@yahoo.com>
>

>If the email name (in this case dave morris) doesn't agree with the email
>name on the email@domain (in this case (jim_mark) then I run away.
>
>If soemone can't afford a real email address (there are many that are free)
>then they can't afford an LBC

Dear Allan, (if that really is your name... <g>),

What's a "real" e-mail address?    My main e-mail addy is
<OC@46thFoot.com> - which is pretty relevant to my website about the
history of the 46th Regiment of Foot, but doesn't relate all that
closely to my name, or even to my interest in LBCs.   Would you feel
happier dealing with me on this address if I told you my name was, say,
Oliver Clarke?   Or if I had spent two minutes registering a Hotmail or
Yahoo! address?

Potentially indicative of a scam, yes, but not conclusive by any means.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671