Re: The NEW Italian Job - Review

To: Kurt Oblinger <koblinger@linkline.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The NEW Italian Job - Review
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 03:27:29 -0400
> The new movie doesn't share a lot with the old one, which is a shame. The
> new movie is a pure action drama with little of the humor of the original.

Hollywood has lost the talent for making movies with humor, or drama-
everything has to have explosions, sex, and some damn rap theme song, to
attract the barely post pubescent crowd which is currently the target
audience. Some of the major reasons I really don't bother to make the effort
to go to the movie theater very often. I'd bet these bozos would find a way
to add explosions and vehicular carnage to a remake of "It's A Wonderful
Life" with, perhaps Justin Timberlake in the Jimmy Stewart role, and Tom
Arnold as "Clarence" the guardian angel... They just don't make movies for
adults anymore. (And I don't mean "adult movies" either. Give me any of the
true greats from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, even early 70s...)

Scott