Gearbox mounting conversion for TR4A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gearbox mounting conversion for TR4A
From: paul.hingston@agric.nsw.gov.au
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:44:26 +1000 2001) at 05/27/2003 04:44:28 PM, Serialize complete at 05/27/2003 04:44:28 PM
Hi Listers

Has any lister knowledge on fitting an overdrive gearbox from a Triumph
2000 sedan to a TR4A? I am particularly interested in the configuration of
the gearbox mounting in adapting this to the 4A chassis mounting.

The sedan gearbox mounting bolts to the back of the box in my
installation. This then is located in, and is bolted through a
non-standard "bridge" between the chassis rails, and fitting to the
original mounting points on the chassis. I am unfamiliar with the
conventional fitting of the overdrive box to a 4A to know what is
standard.

I believe the current configuration is causing a "droning" noise through
the chassis when speed exceeds 80 kph.

Is there an adaptor available from a supplier that would allow this
fitting?

Thanks

Paul Hingston
Orange
Australia

"65 TR4A

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or
received it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views
expressed are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the
views of their organisation.