Re: Centenary Run

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Centenary Run
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 10:43:19 +0100
On Sun, 25 May 2003, at around 00:36:32 local time, jonmac
<jonmac@ndirect.co.uk> wrote:
>Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
>OK, here's a nice one showing what happens when a Standard Pennant
>breaks down in a narrow country lane within a mile of the start...
>http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/TrafficJam.jpg
>(Spitfire 1500, followed by TR8, followed by Herald 1200 Convertible,
>followed by Vitesse Convertible, followed by 2000 Saloon, followed by
>???)
>
>Hey, that's 'FLOSSIE' !!!!!!!!!!!! And it's me too - on 5 million times zoom.
>You can just see me bald 'ead! And another thing, the camera does lie. There's
>absolutely no visual evidence the offside outer eadlamp wobbles with the
>engine running!

Fast film, that's the secret... <g>

>Identity of the car behind, Mike? It was a white Vitesse (Sports 6)
>convertible

Were there two of these then?   If not, I must have got the identity of
the car in front of you wrong.

> who also missed the turn in Kineton. Found him at the top of
>Edgehill looking at an upside down copy of the Royalist battle plan (overseas
>listers check out Battle of Edgehill 1642 via Google) and trying to translate
>his findings with a map of the London Underground.

ROFL!

>Some great pix, Michael - thanks for posting them.

My pleasure.

>Now c'mon guys, try it for real next time on 24th Aug. They say a pic is worth
>1000 words but a numb cockyx, exhausted left leg and callouses on your gear
>changing hand are for REAL, but what I want to know is this.
>Where did the hell did te $57 worth of fuel go that I poured in before the
>start?

And there's a clue for all would-be participants in the August repeat -
don't take a 2000.   My Herald only used about four imperial gallons of
fuel...

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671