Re: Centenary Run

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Centenary Run
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 00:36:32 +0100
Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
OK, here's a nice one showing what happens when a Standard Pennant
breaks down in a narrow country lane within a mile of the start...
http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/TrafficJam.jpg
(Spitfire 1500, followed by TR8, followed by Herald 1200 Convertible,
followed by Vitesse Convertible, followed by 2000 Saloon, followed by
???)

Hey, that's 'FLOSSIE' !!!!!!!!!!!! And it's me too - on 5 million times zoom.
You can just see me bald 'ead! And another thing, the camera does lie. There's
absolutely no visual evidence the offside outer eadlamp wobbles with the
engine running!
Identity of the car behind, Mike? It was a white Vitesse (Sports 6)
convertible who also missed the turn in Kineton. Found him at the top of
Edgehill looking at an upside down copy of the Royalist battle plan (overseas
listers check out Battle of Edgehill 1642 via Google) and trying to translate
his findings with a map of the London Underground.
Some great pix, Michael - thanks for posting them.
Now c'mon guys, try it for real next time on 24th Aug. They say a pic is worth
1000 words but a numb cockyx, exhausted left leg and callouses on your gear
changing hand are for REAL, but what I want to know is this.
Where did the hell did te $57 worth of fuel go that I poured in before the
start?

Jonmac