Re: Compression Test

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compression Test
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:33:07 -0400
On 23 May 2003 at 13:59, Patrick Bitton wrote:

> This may sound stupid, but what must I do to prepare my car for a
> compression test?
> Do I have to cut the fuel feed and disconnect the lead in the center of
> my distributor cap?

Different people do it differently.  Pull the plugs, and remove high-
tension lead from the coil to the dizzy.  Shouldn't have to stop the
fuel feed; you aren't gonna' crank it that much, and in any case, (a)
the float bowls already have fuel in them, and (2) the floats in the
float bowls will stop thrm from filling any further than they're
suppose to anyway (assuming the floats work, of course).  Also make
sure the valves are properly adjusted.  Make sure the tranny is in
NEUTRAL and the battery is charged.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com