re:crankcase emissions, O2 meters

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h4NCnfPk032666
Subject: re:crankcase emissions, O2 meters
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:39:06 -0400
Well, I'd love to hear more about that O2 meter.  I must have missed the
details, or where to find them.  I want to
install one on my modified engine to be sure that I have the "correct"
mixture at all times.

As for the crankcase ventilation:

The port for the vent on the carb is supposed to be between the butterfly
and the piston.  That way the PCV
system is exposed to the same vacuum at all times.  This is the region of
the "Constant Depression"
As far as I can tell, the crank case is running at a slight vacuum at all
times with the PCV set up.

However, I can not say why you ran LEAN when you capped off the PCV port on
the carb.  I would have expected it to run rich
because I would have thought it was going to be compensating for what it
would see as a vacuum leak.  This leak is supposed
to be a precise leak that does not vary much at all

Anyway, since that design is supposed to have a constant effect on the
mixture at all throttle positions, why bother to
mess with it?

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net