Re: TR aluminum or rubber crank seal?

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR aluminum or rubber crank seal?
From: MRobe33243@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:51:59 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Carl:

     I'm in the process of a rebuild and my alluminum oil seal looked like an
old man with his teeth out.  The fact that the crank shaft is steel and
meshes with aluminum does not bode well for long life, the machining cost was
nominal for the peace of mind in knowing that the seal will not leak because of
undue wear.  One other modification is to the rear main where two additional
holes must be drilled on either side of the single oil hole into the bearing
surface.  This is due to excessive oil pressure on the rubber seal if this is
not
accomplished.  I did the drilling with a jig setup.

Bob Roberts
TR$$$$
35411CT