Re: pop tops

To: vafred@erols.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pop tops
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:33:17 +0000 FILETIME=[52C59140:01C3205E]
>"church keys" soon thereafter became obsolete,

  Fred I don't think you could call the church key "obsolete"... There are
still lots of uses for them. You
  can still get juice and soup stocks in cans that require either some sort
of can opener or "church key"
  to get what's on the inside out. Until motor oil started coming in plastic
bottles (I think sometime in
  the mid `80s) you needed a punch spout (remember them?) or "church key".

somewhere around here I still have one of the oblong wire type openers for
decapping bottles  "FT"

  If you drink good beer you still need one of them puppies... or the edge
of your workbench;O)

   Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)