Follow up on the, Follow up on Blowen head plug/ Checking sensor?

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Follow up on the, Follow up on Blowen head plug/ Checking sensor?
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:58:25 -0400
Hi List!
    Ok, if you recalled that I had inserted a head core plug that was
1/64" to large with Red Loctite into my head; that's my engine head, to
be clearer. :-D     19 hr. later, I placed plain water into the radiator
& ran the engine with the cap off, topped up when I saw the water go
down [thermostat opening]. I took it out for a  35 mi. Rainy test ride,
I might as well check out other possible problems, before I go on the
'big' trips ;-) .         It Works!
    Now I couldn't get the windows to defog in the rain. I opened the
heat up, but could barely feel any warmth. I have a sleeved thermostat,
that I believe is 160^ [summer]. The reason I state this is that I did
not find a temp. stamped on it, & the temp. gauge reads pointing
straight down [which is low to me]. I feel the electric sensor is
reading accurately on my TR4/A. I don't know how one would check this
unit.  I'm opened to suggestions, so please reply to me & the list if
you wish to. TIA,
-Cosmo Kramer