handicapped

To: triumph net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: handicapped
From: John Vandermeulen <vandermeulen@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:23:26 -0400
Hello All,
I drive a '67 TR4A-irs, and enjoy it much.  The problem is that the car
is so low, that I can not get up out of it anymore without help.  I have
a neuro-muscular ailment that has weakened the legs (and arms) sothat I
can not stand up from a deep crouch.  Last year I was able to simply
swing my legs out, and then lift myself with my arms on the door and
rear fender until I was far enough up sothat my legs could do the rest
of the way up.  Now I can not.

I have looked at several possible solutions, including a spring or
piston-loaded folding seat.  Is there any knowledge or experience with
this problem on the list?
John Vandermeulen
Oakfield, Nova Scotia