TR4 radiator swap. Tips? http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 radiator swap. Tips? http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:41:16 -0500
Jim McNally of Miami Florida sent me a TR4 radiator on an Ebay deal.

The radiator was better than advertised.  I have had it all cleaned up and
painted.

When I install the radiator, I plan on attaching an electric fan to the front
of it.

I have completely taken apart and reassembled my Lotus, and I have swapped
engines
on cars and done like work, but I don't hold myself to be an automotive expert.
 I have also never taken apart the front end of a Tr4.  I'd be open to any
advice
you all can give me on this operation.  Don't worry about insulting me by
telling
me what you may think is the obvious.  Tell me.

This is a 1962 TR4 with the long-neck radiator.  The new radiator does not have
the crank hole, so shimming to align for that is not an issue.

ADthanksVANCE

Phil Ethier