Re: How fast am I going?

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <herald1200@comcast.net>, <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>, <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, <nickolarup@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: How fast am I going?
From: "Allen Brenden" <allen.brenden@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:13:55 -0700 from [4.41.91.0] at Tue, 20 May 2003 20:18:07 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
The formula that I use is RPM / Ratio X Cir / 1056 = MPH

RPM is Rev's per minute
Ratio is the overall gear ratio (trans ratio times rear axle ratio)
Cir is the circumference of the driven wheel in inches (Diameter X pi)
pi=3.141592...
1056 is a constant to convert minutes to hours and inches to miles.

Use a little algebra (not my strong suit) the formula can be used to
calculate for RPM needed for desired speed and such.

Allen Brenden
Everett, WA USA

Outgoing mail scanned with Norton AntiVirus