(TR3A) cross shaft/slave cylinder push rod, etc, etc

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: (TR3A) cross shaft/slave cylinder push rod, etc, etc
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:42:37 EDT
There was little reply to the questions (4 to be exact - including me)
(1) connect the cross shaft to the slave cylinder push rod to the middle hole
in the side/lever crank, or
(2) have the pushrod aligned with the axis of the slave cylinder push rod, so
that there is no side load on the piston (bottom hole).
(3) the nut & bolt stop on the MC (clutch & brake) MC housing

For 1 & 2 - it seems its a toss up, go with the books or aligned with the
axis - sampling of 3

For 3 - no vehicle apparently had the bolts"as original" after commish #
38,450 or so, all other vehicles replying higher than this.

Anyway, a good question I thought ... but little interest. For myself,I
connected to the middle hole and I added bolt stops at the MC housing. I
added the bolt stops because when I went to change out the MC, the rod was
un-connected - it had pushed its way past the circlip,

Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)