RE: TR3 Silent Bush replacement alteratives?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Silent Bush replacement alteratives?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:58:16 -0700 FILETIME=[225E9660:01C31E5A]
> My question to the list or those that race on the list: Is there an
> alternative to the rubber  on the bush insert?  Has anyone used a
> brass or a
> dense phenolic to replace the rubber.  I have a small lathe and could
> fabricate something providing that it will improve the steering
> rigidity and
> not reduce any safety considerations.

There is a brass and stainless steel replacement available from :
British Frame and Engine
4831 N. Ryland Ave
Temple City, CA  91780
(626) 443-0939
BFEKENG@aol.com

Took a bit of fitting (had to relieve one bushing a bit, and add a shim to
the other one), but I'm happy with the result.  I also drilled and tapped
for grease zerks.

It did add a small amount of road vibration to the steering wheel, but not
objectionably so IMO.

Randall